For the Boil
2 Mud Crabs
4 Desiree Potatoes
3 Ears of Corn (Shucked and cut in Half)
6 Andouille Sausages chopped into chunks (or Chorizo if you prefer)
For the Stock
1 Tbsp. White Pepper
1 Tbsp. Black Pepper Corns Whole
1 Tbsp. Coriander Seeds
2 Tbsp. Whole Cloves
2 Tbsp. All Spice
4 Big pinches of Salt
4 Tbsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp. Paprika
1 Tbsp. Dried Thyme
1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
1 Tbsp. Mustard Seeds
1 Tbsp. Dill
2 Bay Leaves
2 Tomatoes Chopped
2 Onions Chopped
2 Celery Stalks Chopped
1 Bottle of Hot Sauce
1 Large Pot with Mesh Strainer (at least 10 liters) or wire mesh scoop.
1. If the Crab or Yabbies are alive place in a large bowl cover with lots of ice and add water until they are put to sleep.
2. Fill the Large Pot with water (ensuring you leave enough room not to boil over when you add the ingredients) and bring to boil.
3. Add all of the ingredients for the stock, put in the Mesh Strainer (if you are using one), drop the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for about 40 minutes.
4. Remove lid and increase the heat to a rolling boil. Add the Potatoes and the corn and depending on size cook for approx. 10 minutes.
5. Add the Mud Crab and the Sausage and cook for five minutes.
6. Add the Prawns and the Yabbies and cook for a further five minutes.
7. If you are using a Mesh Strainer, turn off the heat, remove strainer and allow to drain then layout the food out on some newspaper. If you a re using a wire mesh scoop you will have to fish out the Potatoes, Corn, Sausage, Crab, Yabbies and Prawns.
8. Now the best part… cover everything in Lemon and Hot Sauce, crack those crab claws open and get eating!!!